There are four major types of headaches: migraines, tension type headaches, cervicogenic headaches, and cluster headaches.
New research has shown that different types of headaches respond to different types of manual/physical treatments. We are pleased to be able to offer these headache treatments to the community of Orleans at Orleans Integrative Medicine.
Before commencing any type of treatment, our Integrative Chiropractors go through a thorough history of your headache symptoms to properly diagnose the root cause of your pain. After a clear diagnosis is established, treatment is discussed and can commence.
Patients with Migraine Headaches
• Spinal manipulation is recommended for the treatment of migraines
• Soft tissue therapy is recommended for reducing migraine frequency and for improving muscular symptoms linked to headache pain
• Multidisciplinary care (exercise, relaxation, stress & nutritional counseling, soft tissue therapy) is recommended for the management of migraines
Patients with Tension-Type Headaches
• Resistance Exercises are recommended for longer term management of patients with tension type headaches
• Stretching, soft tissue therapy, and spinal manipulation can aid in the treatment of tension type headaches
Patients with Cervicogenic Headaches
• Spinal manipulation is recommended for the treatment of cervicogenic headaches
• Joint mobilization is recommended for the treatment of cervicogenic headaches
• Deep neck muscle exercises are recommended for the treatment of cervicogenic headaches
Patients with Cluster Headaches
• Acupuncture has shown relief of the irritation of the sinuses and eyes which contribute to cluster headaches
• Spinal manipulations can also aid in the management of cluster headaches